Custom Page Listing in Google Play Console
What is it?
A Custom Page Listing in Google Play Console allows you to present specific information to users who visit your app listing from a unique URL. This can be a great way to showcase relevant features, target specific audience segments, and provide a more seamless user experience from your marketing campaigns to your app listing.
Benefits of using Custom Page Listings:
- Target specific user segments: You can create different Custom Page Listings for different audiences, such as pre-registrants, users from specific countries, or users who visit your app listing from a particular ad campaign.
- Showcase relevant features: Highlight the features and functionality of your app that are most relevant to the targeted audience.
- Improve conversion rates: By providing a more personalized and relevant experience, you can increase the chances of users installing your app.
- Track performance: Google Play provides analytics for your Custom Page Listings, so you can see how effective they are at driving installs and engagement.
Here’s how to create a Custom Page Listing in Google Play Console:
- Open Google Play Console and select your app.
- Click on “Grow” in the left-hand menu and then select “Store presence.”
- Click on “Custom store listings.”
- Click “Create custom store listing.”
- Choose between “Create a new listing” or “Use an existing listing as a base.”
- Enter a name for your Custom Page Listing and a unique URL.
- Select the countries or regions where you want your Custom Page Listing to be visible.
- Add the content you want to display, including text, images, videos, and links.
- Save and publish your Custom Page Listing.
Best practices for creating Custom Page Listings:
- Keep it simple and focused: Avoid overloading your Custom Page Listing with too much information.
- Highlight your app’s unique selling points: What makes your app different from the competition?
- Use strong visuals: Images and videos can help to capture attention and make your Custom Page Listing more engaging.
- Test and iterate: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different designs and content to see what works best.
- Google Play Console Help Center: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9867158?hl=en
- Google Play Best Practices for Driving Installs with Store Listing Experiments: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/12053285?hl=en
By using Custom Page Listings effectively, you can take your app’s store presence to the next level and engage more users with your app.
Custom Page Listings in the Google Play Store offer a powerful tool to optimize your app’s visibility and conversion rate through A/B testing. Here are some tests you can conduct with Custom Page Listings:
Testing different creative elements:
- Graphics: Compare different screenshots, videos, and app icons to see which ones resonate better with your target audience.
- Text: Test variations of your app description, title, and short description to optimize keyword usage and clarity.
- Layout: Experiment with different arrangements of your content and calls to action to see what drives the most engagement.
Testing for specific user segments:
- Country/region: Tailor your Custom Page Listing content to different countries or regions to highlight features relevant to each market.
- Pre-registrants: Create a dedicated Custom Page Listing for pre-registered users that offers exclusive information or rewards.
- Existing users: Target users who have already installed your app with a Custom Page Listing promoting new features or updates.
Testing different calls to action:
- Install: Compare different wording and placements of your install button to see what drives the most clicks.
- Learn More: Test different calls to action for users who want to learn more about your app, such as “Watch Video” or “Visit Website.”
- Pre-register: Encourage users to pre-register for your app with a prominent pre-registration button.
Testing different versions of your existing listing:
- Run A/B tests: Compare your existing app listing with a new version that includes specific changes to measure the impact on conversion rate.
- Multivariate testing: Test multiple variables simultaneously to get a more comprehensive understanding of what drives user behavior.
Here are some additional tips for conducting effective tests with Custom Page Listings:
- Set clear goals and objectives: What do you want to achieve with your tests?
- Define your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with your tests?
- Use statistically significant sample sizes: Ensure your tests have enough data to draw accurate conclusions.
- Track and analyze results: Monitor your test results closely and make adjustments based on the data.
- Be patient: It may take time to see statistically significant results from your tests.
- Don’t stop testing: Continuously iterate and optimize your Custom Page Listings based on your findings.
By using A/B testing with Custom Page Listings, you can gain valuable insights into what resonates with your target audience and optimize your app listing for maximum conversion. Remember, the key is to test systematically, analyze your results, and iterate based on your findings. This will help you create a Custom Page Listing that drives both engagement and installs for your app.