Apple Search Ads is a pay-per-tap (CPT) advertising platform that allows app developers to promote their apps in the App Store search results. When a user searches for a keyword that is relevant to your app, your ad may appear at the top of the search results. If the user taps on your ad, you will be charged a certain amount of money, which is called the cost-per-tap (CPT).
Apple Search Ads offers two pricing models:
- Apple Search Ads Basic: This is a self-service platform that is designed for small businesses and developers who want to get started with Apple Search Ads quickly and easily.
- Apple Search Ads Advanced: This is a more comprehensive platform that offers more features and control, such as the ability to target specific keywords and demographics.
Here are some of the benefits of using Apple Search Ads:
- You can reach a large audience of potential app users who are already interested in what you have to offer.
- You can target your ads to specific keywords and demographics, so you only pay for impressions from users who are likely to be interested in your app.
- You can track the performance of your ads so you can see how they are performing and make necessary adjustments.
If you are an app developer, Apple Search Ads can be a great way to promote your app and drive downloads.
Here are some additional details about Apple Search Ads:
- Ads are displayed at the top of the App Store search results, above the organic results.
- Ads are displayed based on a combination of factors, including the relevance of the keyword to your app, your bid amount, and the quality of your ad.
- You can set a daily budget for your Apple Search Ads campaigns.
- You can track the performance of your campaigns by viewing metrics such as impressions, clicks, and installs.
How SKAN network works
SKAdNetwork (SKAN) is a privacy-preserving mobile app install attribution framework created by Apple. It allows advertisers to measure the performance of their app install campaigns without compromising the privacy of their users.
SKAN works by sending anonymous events to Apple’s App Store. These events include information about the ad campaign, the device, and the app install. Apple then aggregates this data and sends it back to the advertiser. The advertiser can then use this data to measure the performance of their campaigns.
Here are the steps on how SKAN network works:
- An advertiser creates an app install campaign and sends it to Apple’s App Store.
- When a user clicks on an ad for the campaign, the App Store sends a unique identifier to the user’s device.
- When the user installs the app, the app sends an event to Apple’s App Store with the unique identifier.
- Apple’s App Store aggregates the events and sends them back to the advertiser.
- The advertiser uses the data to measure the performance of their campaign.
SKAdNetwork is a more privacy-preserving alternative to other app install attribution frameworks, such as Firebase Analytics and AppsFlyer. This is because SKAN does not collect any personally identifiable information about the user.
Here are some of the benefits of using SKAN network:
- It is more privacy-preserving than other app install attribution frameworks.
- It is more accurate than other app install attribution frameworks, as it is based on actual app installs.
- It is more reliable than other app install attribution frameworks, as it is not affected by ad blockers or other privacy-preserving measures.
If you are an advertiser who is looking for a privacy-preserving way to measure the performance of your app install campaigns, then SKAN network is a good option.