Adding negative keywords in bulk can be a great way to save time and ensure that your ads are only shown to the most relevant audience. Here are two methods you can use to add negative keywords in bulk:
Method 1: Use the Google Ads Editor
- Download and install the Google Ads Editor.
- Open the Google Ads Editor and connect to your Google Ads account.
- Select the campaign or ad group to which you want to add negative keywords.
- Click the “Keywords & Targeting” tab.
- Click the “Keywords, Negative” subtab.
- Click the “Make multiple changes” button.
- Select “My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups” if you want to specify a different campaign or ad group for each negative keyword.
- Click “Browse” and select the file containing your negative keywords.
- Map the columns in your file to the corresponding fields in Google Ads Editor.
- Click “Process” to add the negative keywords to your campaign or ad group.
Method 2: Use the Google Ads API
- Create a service account and credentials for accessing the Google Ads API.
- Download and install the Google Ads API client library for your preferred programming language.
- Write a script that uses the Google Ads API to add negative keywords to your campaign or ad group.
- Run the script to add the negative keywords to your campaign or ad group.
Here is an example of how to add negative keywords in bulk using the Google Ads API:
from googleads import adwords def add_negative_keywords(account_id, campaign_id, ad_group_id, negative_keywords): # Initialize the Google Ads API client library adwords_client = adwords.AdWordsClient.LoadFromStorage() # Select the campaign and ad group to which you want to add negative keywords campaign_service = adwords_client.GetCampaignService() campaign = campaign_service.GetCampaign(account_id, campaign_id) ad_group_service = adwords_client.GetAdGroupService() ad_group = ad_group_service.GetAdGroup(account_id, campaign_id, ad_group_id) # Create the negative keyword operations negative_keyword_operations =  for negative_keyword in negative_keywords: negative_keyword_operation = adwords.AdWordsClient.Builder.NegativeKeywordOperation() negative_keyword_operation.CampaignId = campaign_id negative_keyword_operation.AdGroupId = ad_group_id negative_keyword_operation.KeywordText = negative_keyword negative_keyword_operations.append(negative_keyword_operation) # Add the negative keywords to the ad group ad_group_service.MutateAdGroups(account_id, [ad_group], negative_keyword_operations) # Example usage negative_keywords = ["irrelevant", "not interested"] add_negative_keywords("123456789", "987654321", "1234567890", negative_keywords)
This is just a basic example, and you may need to modify it to fit your specific needs. For more information on using the Google Ads API, please refer to the official documentation.
If you need our experts help for launching your business campaign, then please connect with us. We will surely deliver the results with lowest operational cost and higher ROI.