The element that has failed in this scenario is Product.
- Product refers to the goods or services offered by a business. In this case, the product is the shirt.
- A key aspect of product is assortment, which refers to the variety of options available within a product category. This includes factors like size, color, style, and fit.
- If a customer cannot find their desired size in a shirt, it means the product assortment is incomplete and fails to cater to their needs.
- This can lead to lost sales and customer dissatisfaction, as the customer is unable to purchase the product they want due to a lack of available options.
Therefore, in this specific scenario where the customer cannot find their size and decides not to buy the shirt, the Product element of the marketing mix has failed to meet the customer’s needs.
It’s important to note that other elements of the marketing mix could also be contributing factors in this situation. For example:
- Place: If the shirt is only available in a limited number of stores or online retailers, it may be difficult for customers to find their size.
- Promotion: If the promotional materials for the shirt do not emphasize the full range of sizes available, customers may not be aware that their size is offered.
However, based on the information provided in the image, the lack of available sizes appears to be the primary reason for the customer’s decision not to purchase the shirt.
I hope this explanation helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.